To configure Outlook Express for gmail/google apps accounts
- Go to settings >> Forwarding and POP/IMAP
- In the second section 'POP Download', enable pop - choose the settings as required
- Dont forget to SAVE changes
- In Outlook Express, go to Tools/Accounts and Add>>Mail
- A display name is required - give any.
- Next step is to give the mail id.
- Then it will require the details of mail servers. The incoming server is pop.gmail.com and outgoing is smtp.gmail.com
- Now the account name is asked and here you have to give the full email id. Saving password is your choice.
- Next you may be asked if you want to import messages. Select the option Do not import at this time (OR Yes if you know what you are doing).
- Click the finish button to go to Outlook Express
- Go to Tools>>Accounts>>Mail, select the account created and choose properties.
- In the Servers tab, tick the My Outgoing Server requires Authentication checkbox
- In Advanced tab, change port nos - Outgoing: 465, Incoming 995 - Both requires SSL
- Increase the server timeout value to about 4 minutes
- Click OK and start using the program.
- To find where Outlook Express have stored all your mails, go to Tools>>Options>>Maintenance. Click Store Folder button and you can see the store folder where mails are backed up. You can either copy this location OR change the store folder to another convenient folder like D:/MailBackup
- You may also go to Tools>>Accounts>>Mail and export your mail settings to a convenient location, so that you may import it at a later occasion.
- For Google Apps sites, sometimes Outlook Express might repeatedly ask for passwords for your account. To resolve this issue, you may need to clear a captcha for your email account by following these steps:
- Disable all POP clients you're using to read mail. If you use one at work and one at home, please disable both. (close outlook express)
- From the computer on which your POP logins are failing, visit https://www.google.com/a/mydomain.com/UnlockCaptcha
dont forget to change mydomain.com to your domain name
- Enter your email username and password, and the letters in the distorted picture.
- Once you have successfully logged in, restart your mail client and try to download your mail.
Kindly visit www.alappuzhaonline.com